1. Dog is being transferred to Foster with the understanding that Foster will provide temporary shelter and care for Dog who currently has nowhere else to live. Concerned Citizens Animal CCAR, Inc., hereinafter referred to as ''CCAR" will continue to look for a permanent home for Dog, but fostering keeps Dog safe, and provides comfort and security, until he/she can be adopted. Foster understands that he/she will not be compensated for this service, other than being provided the essential items and veterinary care needed while Dog is in Foster’s care.
2. Each prospective Foster home will be visited by an agent of CCAR or other approved individual to evaluate its qualifications as a Foster home.
3. Foster understands and agrees that Dog is the property of CCAR. Foster does not have any ownership of Dog; all such rights remain fully and forever with CCAR. Dog shall not be sold, given to, placed in the care of, offered or delivered for adoption to another person, unless given permission by CCAR, organization or any other entity including, but not limited to, a family member, friend, CCAR facility, research facility, or shelter. Dog must be returned to CCAR if, for any reason, Foster can no longer care for Dog. Violation of this agreement will result in travel costs, court costs and attorney fees payable by Foster if legal action or travel is necessary for CCAR to recover Dog. Foster understands that Dog has intrinsic value and is not replaceable, so if Dog is euthanized, lost or otherwise unable to be returned to CCAR due to the negligence or intent of Foster to circumvent CCAR’s ownership or possession of Dog, it is agreed that the Foster will be in breach of this agreement and is subject to pay liquidated damages to CCAR in the amount of $2,500.00.
4. Foster agrees not to transfer custody of Dog to anyone other than a representative of CCAR, and agrees to return Dog to CCAR upon request. Foster agrees to notify CCAR, without delay, if Foster can no longer care for or keep Dog. Foster agrees to give CCAR reasonable time to re-home Dog or place Dog in an approved foster home, if available. Foster must notify CCAR of any behavioral problems that have occurred at any time before returning Dog.
5. Foster understands and agrees that the name of Dog may not, under any circumstances, be changed. Name may only be changed by an Adopter after successful completion of screening and the execution of an Adoption Contract. Foster agrees that Dog will be called by the name included in this document at all times.
6. Foster understands and agrees that ANY non-emergency veterinary care for Dog must be approved PRIOR TO charges being incurred. CCAR can be contacted for authorization by email to email@example.com or by phone at (213) 797-0364. All veterinary authorizations must be made by an authorized agent of CCAR; no other individual is authorized to make authorization for any veterinary care. Foster agrees to abide by the decision of CCAR in regards to authorizing any medical care for Dog, including the denial of such authorization. Should Foster not get a reply to email or voicemail within 24 hours, he/she is directed to contact CCAR again as both means of communication can be affected by forces not under CCAR's control. All veterinary records and bills submitted for reimbursement must be in the name of CCAR and reflect the name of Dog as stated in this document. Bills that do not reflect both items cannot be reimbursed by CCAR. Foster should take a copy of this contract to the Veterinarian to ensure that all records are in CCAR's name. In the event of a life or death emergency, Dog is to be immediately treated and CCAR is to be notified as soon as possible or within 24 hours. If the attending veterinarian feels the condition of or injuries to said Dog are not conducive to reasonable recovery or quality of life for Dog, Dog is to be humanely euthanized. Foster understands and agrees that any unauthorized veterinary care will not be reimbursed and Foster will be responsible to pay those charges.
7. Foster agrees to give Dog all required medications or treatments as needed and prescribed by the veterinarian.
8. If it is determined that Dog has become ill or injured as a result of Foster’s unreasonable conduct, CCAR will be entitled to any and all expenses incurred to return the Dog to health.
9. Foster agrees to take Dog to CCAR adoption events when it is reasonably convenient for the Foster. If Foster cannot take Dog to three successive adoption events, Foster may be asked to return the Dog to CCAR.
10. Foster agrees to take Dog to veterinary appointments, photography appointments, grooming appointments, and meet and greet appointments. CCAR will coordinate with Foster to make sure said appointments are convenient for Foster.
11. Dog will be treated as a family member with loving care and affection. I will do my best to ensure Dog’s safety and well-being.
12. I will feed Dog at least twice a day and provide a fresh supply of water at all times.
13. Dog will live inside my home and will not be isolated from the family. I will walk Dog on a leash or exercise Dog in a fenced area. I will never let Dog run loose or roam, keep Dog chained or tied up, keep it continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave Dog outdoors, even in a fenced yard when no one is at home. Dog may be crated for no longer than (8) hours at a time. The crate must be large enough for Dog to stand up, turn around and lay comfortably on his/her side.
14. Foster understands that Dog may not be taken to dog parks or play groups until Dog is spayed or neutered. Foster understands that CCAR will arrange for spay or neuter as soon as Dog is healthy enough.
15. I agree that I currently and will always have and maintain a fenced yard at the home where Dog will be or I understand that I must demonstrate to CCAR an ability to properly exercise and keep Dog safe while going to the bathroom. I agree to not allow Dog to ever be allowed to run loose in an unfenced area. I understand CCAR’s goal is that Dog is kept as a house dog in close companionship with their families and it should be in a home where it will be sleeping in the home and not left outdoors. If CCAR finds out these rules are being broken our animal will be immediately removed from foster care.
16. I will not use a choke-type collar, prong collar or shock collar at any time.
17. I will attach a personal identification tag to a non-choke collar to be worn at all times.
18. In the event Dog becomes lost; I will immediately notify CCAR. I will immediately notify CCAR of any change of contact information (address, phone number(s), or email address).
19. Dog’s microchip will have contact information (address, phone number, or email address) of CCAR. I agree not to remove or alter CCAR’s contact information from Dog’s microchip. In the event the microchip stops working (backs out after implantation, microchip cannot be found with microchip scanner) I agree to notify CCAR without delay so that a new microchip can be implanted.
20. I agree Dog will not be transported in any open vehicle.
21. I will not abuse or neglect Dog or allow it to be abused or neglected. I authorize CCAR, at its sole discretion, to determine whether or not Dog has been abused or neglected while in my possession.
22. Dog shall not participate or be trained as a guard dog or fighting dog, nor will Foster use it for any purpose other than companionship. Foster will never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of the Dog.
23. I affirm that no member of my household has been convicted or charged with any animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment, etc. I affirm that no member of my household has been convicted or charged with any domestic battery or sex crime.
24. I am taking possession of Dog at my own risk and I release CCAR, its officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents or assigns from any and all liability arising out of possession of Dog.
25. I acknowledge that CCAR may not be held liable should Dog bite or injure a person or another animal while in my possession. I accept full liability for the Dog while in my care, recognizing the potential issues that may arise with any animal.
26. I will ensure compliance with all applicable local ordinances and state statutes regarding possession of Dog. If I am charged with violating any such ordinance or statute while in possession of Dog, I understand that CCAR is not responsible for obtaining legal counsel for me or for paying any fines or penalties assessed.
27. Dog’s known background and medical history have been discussed with me. I understand that CCAR has made no representation concerning the health, condition, training, behavior, or temperament of the Dog.
28. CCAR affirms that no one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its life experiences. Therefore, Foster is strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution in introducing Dog into a new situation (for example dog parks, stores, groomer, vet, other homes and meeting other animals) until Dog has become fully adjusted to its new environment and Foster has had an opportunity to become familiar with Dog’s unique personality. Foster accepts all responsibility and liability for all introductions.
29. CCAR will not be held liable for any damage or loss resulting from the failure of Dog to respond to any commands taught to Dog or resulting from counseling advice supplied to Foster. In the event any behavioral concerns arise, Foster will immediately notify CCAR. Should any behavior of Dog result in damage to property, Foster, or another person or animal while in the possession of Foster, Foster agrees to assume full liability to such third party for any and all such damage, and to absolve CCAR from any and all obligations to pay such damage to third party.
30. CCAR shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage and/or damage to other animals caused by Dog or by the actions of Foster. The Foster hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to indemnify and hold CCAR harmless from any and all loss and expenses (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law upon CCAR or any of its officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, or assigns because of bodily injuries or death to any person or persons including Foster or those in Foster’s household, or any damage to property and/or animals arising out of or in consequence of the placement of Dog howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property and/or animals may be caused, whether or not the same may have been caused, or may be alleged to have been accused, by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, or assigns or any other person.
31. I understand that by voluntarily signing this agreement, I am entering into a legal and binding contract with CCAR. I understand that any misrepresentations in this agreement are cause for CCAR to declare this agreement in breach.