11. The Adopter affirms that no member of The Adopter’s household has been convicted of an animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment etc.
12. The Adopter will ensure proper licensing of The Dog and will attach the appropriate license tags, rabies tag, name tag, and personal identification tag to a non-choke collar to be worn at all times. The Adopter will ensure compliance with all applicable local and state statutes.
13. The Adopter will not use a choke-type collar at any time, except for training under the guidance of a qualified dog trainer.
14. The Adopter is adopting The Dog for him/herself and he/she agrees to not give away, sell, or trade The Dog, even as a gift to a friend or family member. The Adopter will neither breed nor take The Dog to a shelter or another rescue, nor abandon The Dog. The Adopter understands that The Adopter must notify Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue, without delay, if The Adopter can no longer care for or keep The Dog and agrees to give reasonable time to rehome The Dog or place The Dog in an approved foster home, if available. The Adopter must notify Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue of any behavioral problems that have occurred at any time before returning The Dog. The Adopter agrees to pay for a professional trainer’s evaluation in the case of biting or aggression.
15. The Adopter agrees to accept responsibility and ownership of The Dog at his/her own risk and releases Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue and its agents from any and all liability arising out of possession and ownership of The Dog. The Adopter agrees to assume financial responsibility for The Dog as of the date of this Adoption Agreement. Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue and its agents will not be held responsible for any damages or expenses (veterinary or other) incurred during ownership of The Dog.
16. The Adopter agrees to take The Dog to obedience training classes as a puppy, and/or as an adult.
17. The Dog’s known background and medical history have been discussed with The Adopter. The Adopter understands that Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue has made no representation concerning the breed, health, condition, training, behavior, or temperament of The Dog.
18. If The Dog is microchipped, The Adopter agrees to register The Dog under his/her own name.
19. The Adopter agrees to permit Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue to make inquiry about and enforce any of the above conditions and requirements at any time after adoption. This can include visits to The Adopter’s home and contact with The Adopter’s veterinarian.
20. To comply with all state and local ordinances in the confinement, care, and licensing of this pet, The Adopter will reclaim The Dog promptly, and pay any required fees if it is picked up by an animal control agency. If The Dog is ever stolen or lost, The Adopter agrees to take all reasonable steps to find The Dog and will immediately notify Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue. Such reasonable steps include, but are not limited to, posting signs in the vicinity of where the dog went missing and checking area pounds and shelters. In the event that Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue or any of its agents have to retrieve The Dog from any pound, shelter or person that is in possession of The Dog after The Adopter has been notified, The Adopter agrees to immediately reimburse Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue or its agent for any amounts expended in procuring The Dog’s safe return and Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to determine whether The Dog shall be returned to The Adopter or retained by Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue. If adopter dumps the dog at a shelter, in the street, gives the animal away to a friend without notify Concerned Citizens Animal Rescue it will be considered abandonment. And charges for animal abuse are felonious.